3.21.2011

time is king

Is my life subject to my schedule, or is my schedule subject to my life? I feel like it's probably not a healthy thing to be do tied and committed to a calendar and a clock. But I am. I'm probably one office most schedule-driven people I know. Always with a watch, always with my phone, always with my iPod (it has my calendar on it). I guess that this all comes down to a combination of the space/time continuum and relationships. My life is ruled by time because of the relationships that I have--whether with people, organizations, animals, the space I live in, etc. My time and space schedule can have both positive and negative effects on my relationships. Spending time with someone: positive; being late for that: negative. Learning from/with someone: positive; being unavailable for that (most likely because I'm booked elsewhere): negative. And there's SO MUCH to remember! Ok, I need to be there then, and I need to call this person on the way there, and before I leave I need to accomplish this, and I need to end that engagement at this time so I can be there in time for that next one, and I need to call this person to arrange for that other engagement on the way... It doesn't end, and I like my schedule and being connected to so many people/things in so many ways. I'm just wondering if it's good or bad or if anyone else feels the pressure that is SCHEDULE.

This was brought on by two things: 1. I was running late but still needed to shower before I could leave for something. 2. I found myself with free moments today (Saturday), and it was really noticeable to me that I wasn't expected to do anything/be anywhere in those moments. Hmm.

Oh! Also, an afterthought: The way I spend my time defines me. Forgot to say that before v

No comments:

Post a Comment