10.01.2010

teachers

There is something about being a teacher that marks you. I don't know how it works, but it does. There are some teachers out there that, when you see them out and about, you think, "That person is a teacher; there is no other option." 100% of the time, I'm right when I think that. Literally, I've never been wrong about this. There are some teachers that aren't as distinguishable, but there are some people that you just know when you see them that they are absolutely teachers. I don't know if this is something that I've discovered on my own from having a mother who is a teacher (and a really good one, at that), or if it's something that everyone can see. I was at an elementary school this morning with one of the kids I nanny, and there were a handful of people that walked by, and I said, "Yeah, definitely a teacher. Not a teacher's aid, not an administrator, not a custodian, not a lunch lady. Teacher, undoubtedly." (No, I'm not always at a school when I know that someone's a teacher, if that's what you're thinking. : ) ) That's what got me thinking about this, though. Am I the only one who can tell?

No comments:

Post a Comment