12.22.2010

so bad at remembering to post... and keep my balance

Well, it's snowing. I don't like it. When I live in a warmer climate, I don't know that I'll miss the snow all that much. This leads me to "The Great Fall of 2010." 
Yesterday morning, I stepped out the front door (in Melrose) onto our stairs and didn't successfully step on any of them but the first. That's right, folks. I put one foot on the stair, and I slipped and tumbled down all the rest of them (7 or 8, I think). Nice, softball sized bruise on my right hip/butt, twisted right ankle, and ping pong ball sized bruise on my left elbow. Also, I fell in the snow, so my clothes were all snowy and eventually wet. : /
Waaaaaaaaaaaa! Waaaaaa! Somebody call the waaaaaaaaambulance!
I'm fine.

On Saturday, Joel and I moved the majority of our stuff to our new apartment in South Grafton. Gosh, that place is pretty!! : ) A thousand thanks to Anna, David, Mom, Dad, Marc, and Tom for helping us move everything out of the old place and into the new one. Moving literally wouldn't have been conquerable without you guys. THANK YOU!
We slept in our new apartment that night, and the heating system is kind of weird, so we ended up using our electric fireplace in our bedroom to heat just in there overnight. We woke up to the fire alarm at 6am. No, there wasn't a fire or smoke. Then, the next night, we turned the same heater on a way lower setting, and the alarm went off at midnight. We may have a conversation with the landlords... It's like, "Is it going to go off in the summer, too? Because it was just warm in there--no fire or smoke..." So there's that.

My phone isn't awesome. It double receives text messages, so I go over each month and have to call for a correction on the bill. Verizon's customer service is really terrible, so it hasn't been fun trying to get the phone replaced and/or fixed. Each attempt needs at least two hours dedicated to it. Not fun at all. I just want a phone that works. Waaaaaaaaaaaa!

I'm busy busy busy these next few days. Tomorrow is my last day as the Zimmer's nanny. Boy, oh boy, I'm sure going to miss them. : ( I was talking with Maggie today, and I told her that tomorrow was to be my last day as their nanny but that I would be their babysitter after that. Her response: "So, you can be like our babysitter nanny." Me: "Yeah, that sounds perfect." Oh yeah, I gave Mike & Nancy free babysitting once monthly without expiration for their Christmas present. I'm thinking that's kind of a perfect gift: It gives them a date night pretty often, and it gives me some time with the kids.

Lastly, one of my favorite videos for your enjoyment:


MERRY CHRISTMAS!

1 comment:

  1. We're going to miss you too!!!!!! (I'm still in denial that tomorrow is your last day.) And it's not just "kind of" the perfect gift...it's THE perfect gift :)

    (And I'm still holding to having you babysit when they're 32 ;) )

    ReplyDelete