1.10.2011

what to do...

Two topics today: cell phones and bearded dragons.

Cell Phones
I upgraded my cell phone with Verizon Wireless in November. The new phone was pretty good, but it received most text messages twice on me. No big deal; I could live with that. Turns out I was being billed twice for each text message, though, and went over our limit of 250 per month (to the tune of an extra $30 or so on the bill!). I called customer service, got the unprofessional run-around, and they eventually transferred me to technical support. They sent me a replacement phone. Great! Problem solved! NOT. This new phone was having the same problem. So again, I called, got the run-around (why do they always assume I'm dumb?), and was sent--you guessed it--another of the same phone. So now I'm on my third Pantech Crux (DO NOT GET THIS PHONE EVER!). And again, same issue. I called, requested just any other phone that would be free for me and not require a data package. What did she offer me? Another Pantech Crux. I was told that, if this fourth phone had the same issue, then we could talk about other options. Then I was told that, because it was more than 30 days after I received the initial phone, it was no longer under warranty. I responded calmly: "That response frustrates me, because I called and made you aware of the issue like two weeks after I got the first phone, and this could have been solved well within those thirty days." ....So I got my fourth phone, and it still received most messages twice. She called me on Saturday, and finally--FINALLY--agreed to send me something different. A new LG Cosmos is on its way to me now. : ) That's the phone that I used for a couple months and Joel now has, and we both like it a lot. And it only receives text messages once. I'm really excited to get a phone that works. :D

Bearded Dragons
A friend from church came up to me one day and said, "Hey, do you want a couple of bearded dragons? I have about 40 of them at home right now." I kind of laughed, thinking he wasn't serious. He was serious, though, and I'm glad. I have the opportunity to get two bearded dragons for free! I need to get some supplies for them and figure out exactly how and when and where I'll care for them. I'm kind of on the fence with them right now. Will my cats try to hurt them? How long do they live? Can I commit to their care right now? Just some thoughts. What do you all think--should I go ahead with this or decline the offer? Feedback appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness - go for it!!! How often can you get such a cool thing for free?? (And you know you want 'em ;) ) Just find a cat-proof cage (ha ha).

    ReplyDelete