10.03.2011

my turn?

I haven't blogged in so long that I am having a hard time finding my way around this website now. They have a new layout to which I now have to get accustomed.

So much life has happened! Do you ever feel like your life is happening to you, rather than you choosing what happens next or at least actively participating in that decision? Yeah, me neither. Just kidding. I felt like that a lot this summer. This summer, by the way, was SO BUSY! I'm really glad to have gained a few friends in the area back after school. That's probably the reason that things have been so busy. I have a social life with friends these days, which hasn't been the case for the majority of my existence. I love it. I'm a very social person.

I was thinking recently about old high school friends. Oh, this reminds me: I have recently found and re-homes two kittens and a dog. They all found me. If that isn't a call to dedicate my life to helping animals, then I don't know what is. Anyway, I gave one of those kittens to a friend from high school. He's still hanging out with all our old friends from high school. And so are most of the people from my graduating class, come to think of it. And there are a LOT of people still hanging out with the same people they hung out with in high school. How come I'm not? I went to college when I graduated, just like them, but they somehow all kept in touch and remain pals today. Whose fault is it that my only connection to high school friends is facebook? Am I the norm, or are they? I'm just wondering, because I thought about the people I ran with in high school, and they're pretty cool. I'd hang out if they asked nowadays. Who's not asking--me or them? I don't know what happened and whether it's a good, bad, or neutral thing, but I just don't talk to anyone from back in the day any more. Hmm.

That's it for me now. I have a chicken, potatoes, and onions roasting in the oven. I can't even wait! Mmmm... Oh, and it will be less than four months from now to my next post, so rest assured. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment