10.28.2010

what has it been--2 weeks?

The Reader's Digest version: Joel and I will be moving to the Metrowest area in the end of December, I'll be leaving my job with the Zimmers and starting a job as the administrator/bookkeeper/children's ministry coordinator for The Journey (Sparlings' church plant), and Joel will be on to help coordinate the music ministry at The Journey.

Now a more in-depth working of everything... We left Chapel of the Cross a bit over a month ago, because it was too far away for us to be driving down there so often and early every week. We went to one service at The Journey to see how things were going, and we have been on board since. I was offered the position with the church, so was Joel, and we started to consider moving down. There are two apartments we're considering right now, but we are sure we will be down there by the end of the year. The things that were keeping us in this area were our fabulous apartment and my really great job. We're sad to see the apartment go, but I'm even more sad to leave my position as the Zimmers' nanny. I seriously love my job. The kids are so wonderful and fun, and my bosses are ideal--reasonable, flexible, and kind. I'm seriously going to miss the whole family. I talked to Nancy this morning and gave her two months' notice before I leave, and I got all emotional and upset and nervous just thinking about leaving. I can only imagine what my last day will be like. Sheesh. So that's the scoop. We're excited about this, for the most part. I feel like a nomad sometimes, though, because we haven't stayed put for more than a year. : / That's right--this will be our fourth place! Ah, well! : )

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to be sobbing. (saw your post on FB...) We're gonna miss you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete