11.19.2010

oh, you wanted to hear about florida?

I left last Friday for Florida. Julie's there, and so was I for a weekend. : ) I had a really nice visit, and I was so glad to know what her world was like. I got to meet her friends, go to her church, stay in her room, spend time with her employer, walk on her beach, go to her grocery store (one of them), and so on. It was so great!! : ) I have two complaints only: 1. The weather didn't get up to 70 degrees the whole time I was there (come on, Florida!), and 2. I didn't see a single lizard or gator during my whole visit. I'm told that those lizards are everywhere and that gators live in seriously every single fresh body of water there, but I didn't see a single one of either. What I did see, though, were citrus trees! In Florida, citrus trees are probably about as exciting as apple trees or blueberry bushes are here, but I still enjoyed them. I brought home three oranges and three lemons. The lemons smell SO good. I took a few pictures on my phone, but that's it...

I brought home two souvenirs: a barf bag I used as a bookmark on the plane and some
Fruit Stripe gum Julie got me as a present (we loved that stuff when we were kids!).

View of the ocean at sunset time out the back door of Julie's and Jeniece's condo.

Sunset from Julie's and Jeniece's front door. So nice!

I hope to go back soon; I loved it there so much! And the best part of all was spending time with Julie. Love her.

Oh, another thing... Sometimes Joel has plans with his friends and I have plans with my friends. We aren't having serious marital issues; the plans with my friends just happened to have been in Florida this time around, so he stayed home and I went on a plane. Don't worry; we're ok. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment